Oh Peruvian things...

So I was reading a Popular Mechanics Magazine. My parents pass along magazines, because some times it is just nice to read something out of a magazine and they are a little difficult to get here in Peru. I tend to return to the same magazine a number of times to see if there was something I missed or forgot that I had read, and want to read again. So I opened this December 2008 issue of Popular Mechanics probably for the tenth time to the article on Recycling and as i glanced at the large pile of Plastic bottles ready to be recycled i was shocked to discover a plastic bottle of INCA KOLA. Now Inka Kola is the national drink of Peru and I have found it in the US in the rare small Latin Food store, but never did i imagine that there would be a bottle visible out of hundreds of bottles... and that it would be at the top of the pile. Then to my GREAT suprise, on further review, i noticed not only one, but four Inca Kola bottles. Well for all those out there who have just a little love for Peru it is a great day that Peru's reach has entered the world of US recycling at such an incredible rate. I suppose it is probably a fluke, but the odds that four plastic bottles (that are only distributed in the US in this type of bottle) of Inca Kola are at the top of the pile shows something.

My discovery today...
popular mechanics december 2008 Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comments:

Chappychaplain said...

when do you re-read the magazines?